Find the best rental car rates in Mauritius
Explore Mauritius With Transferiste Car Rental
Mauritius Car Rental Agency
Transferiste Car Rental offers you the best deal for hiring a rental vehicle in Mauritius. Our modern cars are in excellent condition with fully comprehensive car insurance coverage. Our car-hire fleet includes several categories of vehicles from Economy, Sedans and 7-Seater cars and a 7-Seater Minivan. We put a wide range of cars at your disposal with optional baby seat, child seat and GPS.
Airport Transfers Mauritius | Airport to Hotel Shuttle
Transferiste Mauritius Airport Transfers offers you the best Mauritius airport shuttle deals and rates with top quality service. Our airport transfers from Mauritius Airport direct to your hotel is the best solution for airport shuttle service in Mauritius. We also offer Airport & Hotel Transfers to all cities in Mauritius. You will be greeted by our courteous and friendly drivers at your airport arrival lounge.
Included in Car Rental Price
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) *
- Free Unlimited Kilometers
- Free Vehicle Theft Insurance
- Cars in excellent mechanical condition
- Free Child/Baby Seat or Booster Seat
- Special Discounts on Long Term Vehicle Lease
Standard Private car
From Rs 1400
Minimum 2 passengers + Luggage
Special Rental Car Deal of the Month
From Rs 1200
Minimum Rental 3 days
From Rs 1200
Minimum Rental 3 days
From Rs 1600
Minimum Rental 3 days
From Rs 2100
Minimum Rental 3 days
Looking for a Car Rental in Mauritius? – It’s Transferiste!
Would you like to find……
…a 7-seater rental van in Mauritius?
…the best discount for a long-term hire vehicle?
…the friendliest Mauritius airport car rental?
…reliable round-trip Mauritius airport transfers?
Renting a vehicle from Car Rental Mauritius is the best way to navigate our tropical island paradise and discover its most stunning sights and meet its friendly people. There is no end of what you can see by conducting a self-driving tour in one of our family-size 7-seater rental cars, our 7-seater minivan, or one of our economy vehicles.
Mauritius, an island nation located in the East African Time Zone (UTC +4), is undeniably one of Africa’s most beautiful destinations, a verdant pearl surrounded by the turquoise blue of the Indian Ocean, 2,000 miles off the coast of Africa. Its people are proud of its democratic and peaceful government in a multi-racial society. The population of nearly 1.3 million is 68% Indian, along with Creole, Chinese and French, as well as a smaller population of English and South Africans.
Mauritius celebrates their Independence Day on March 12, marking the date in 1968 when British rule ended and it became an independent sovereign Commonwealth nation and Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam stepped up as the first Prime Minister. The island’s complex history includes prior colonial powers that created a multi-lingual society including English, French, Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Bhojpuri, and as well as Mauritian Creole with its roots in the French, English, Dutch and Portuguese languages. The currency is the Mauritius Rupee.
When you rent a car in Mauritius, you’ll be able to discover one of the world’s best botanical gardens, miles of pristine beaches, snorkelling reefs and peaceful lagoons. The mountainous interior of the island and the Black River Gorges National Park are resplendent with waterfalls, rain forest, wildlife, birds, and hiking trails.
Driving Your Rental Vehicle in Mauritius
The highways and roads around the island are well marked and safe. Mauritius Car Rental is here for you to assist in all your vehicle hire needs. To learn the rules of the road and some basic tips for driving in Mauritius, scroll down to our 10 Car Rental Mauritius Driving Tips for Tourists section on this page as well as our Car Rental Mauritius Itinerary Ideas. We have vehicles of all sizes to accommodate your needs for a few days, by the week, and we offer excellent discounts on long-term rentals as well. Here are more details on our car hire fleet in Mauritius:
7-Seater Car Rental Mauritius
For families or for larger groups to tour the island, Transferiste Car Rental has several large capacity 7-seater cars as well as a 7-seater minibus available, all of them with air conditioning and in excellent mechanical shape for the best Mauritius vehicle rental experience available.
- 7-Seater Rental Car (Large) Our 7-seater cars can carry up to 4 people along with their standard luggage and carry-on bags when driving from the airport to your hotel and back again. We deliver your sedan right to the airport lounge or to your hotel, and you can order ahead for free baby/child or booster seats.
- Private 7-Seater Minibus Rental Our 7-seater minibus accommodates 4-7 people, up to 7 standard luggage and 7 carry-on bags, and our free baby/child and booster seats are available on request.If you’re looking for a vehicle to hire that is comfortable and safe and that can accommodate your luggage and your sports equipment for water sports, golf, mountain trekking or any other activity, call Transferiste at our office and mobile phone numbers (230) 5250-7540. We have the family size rental sedan or minivan you’re looking for to take a self-driving tour of the island. All of our rentals come with free unlimited mileage, free collision damage waiver (CDW) and free vehicle theft insurance. So when you’re planning a trip to Mauritius, book your 7-seater car or minivan ahead of time on our website, or by emailing us at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard Car Rental Mauritius
Statistics show that 25% of tourists in Mauritius use non-hotel accommodation. If you are staying in one of the many vacation rental homes, you’ll enjoy using our long-term car rental services to explore the island. Even with the cheapest car rental in Mauritius, you can reach all the nooks and corners of Mauritius. Our hire car choices give you the opportunity to discover life off the beaten track.
Cheapest Car Rental in Mauritius
If you’re looking for the best deal on a cheap car rental, Transferiste offers standard and economy rental vehicles that are maintained in excellent condition and are air conditioned for your comfort. We offer economy sedan rentals that give you the best value.
- Economy Rental Car (Small) Our fleet of economy rental vehicles in Mauritius enjoy the same value as our 7-seater rental cars. Included in the price are free baby/child and booster seats, free unlimited mileage, free collision damage waiver (CDW) and free vehicle theft insurance so you can enjoy your holiday with peace of mind at the best price for 2 – 4 people.
- Sedan Rental Car (Large) Transferiste Car Rental also offers larger sedans for hire that are affordable and include the best safety features as all of our vehicles. For the economy car rental company that meets all your needs while on holiday, you can depend on our friendly and prompt rental car agency for your family or group of 2-4.When you’re searching for a cheap car rental Mauritius, you will need to choose carefully. Call Transferiste first at (230) 5758-3850 or 5250-7540 for the best prices, the best safety features and the best value.
At Transferiste, we put our customers’ safety first! We have many options for you to consider, including one of our drivers meeting you at the airport arrival lounge for a one-way or round-trip airport transfer that you can book ahead, delivering your vehicle directly to you at the airport or your hotel, or booking a car part-time during your stay in the country, as well as special discounts for long-term car rental Mauritius.
Car Rental Mauritius Airport
When you book ahead with Transferiste Car Rental, your economy sedan or 7-seater rental car will be waiting for you as your plane taxis in at Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport (MRU) in the southeast part of the island. You can have peace of mind after your long flight knowing that our courteous and reliable staff will be there to hand you the keys and help you load your luggage as you begin your tropical adventure.
One definite advantage of hiring our services is that we always track your arrival so that you don’t have to worry about sending us an email from the plan if you have an early or late arrival. Transferiste Car Rental is located within a direct view of the airport, therefore, we are present at your arrival lounge as soon as you land. Check out our easy Terms and Conditions.
Car hire at Mauritius airport is easy and you’ll soon be on your way along the M2 Motorway to Port Louis, Grand Baie, or wherever your hotel or vacation rental home is waiting. If you are planning to stay in the northernmost area of the island, you’ll drive from the south to the north diagonally across the island for about 70 km, which will take just over one hour. Hiring a Transferiste rental car at the airport will save you a lot of money on cab fares and will give you added freedom to stop and stretch and take in the sights along the way.
Airport Transfers Mauritius
Many travelers request Transferiste Rental Car Agency’s prompt and courteous airport shuttle service in Mauritius. Our driver will meet you right in the airport arrival lounge and help you with your luggage. You can book a one-way airport transfer or a round-trip airport transfer to your hotel and back so you can have peace of mind. We are the best Mauritius airport transfer service on the island and appreciate our customers. Enjoy the views as our shuttle driver takes you along the M2 Motorway and delivers you to your hotel or vacation rental home anywhere in Mauritius.
Our main office and fleet are located in Mare D’Albert very close to the airport, so we are available day or night for your convenience. For the best car rental Mauritius, be sure to give us a call at 5250-7540 or book ahead on this website or by emailing Transferiste at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Car Rental Mauritius Itinerary Ideas
With the keys to your rent-a-car in hand, you have the freedom to take to the highways, roads and lanes to explore this exotic tropical paradise. Explore many amazing miles of beaches for swimming, snorkeling, fishing, diving, or just relaxing by the water or in one of the island’s many welcoming beach bars. Sip on a local Phoenix Beer or Green Island Rum and Coke while listening to the sounds of the native Sega music, an Indian Ocean version of calypso that will get up and dancing. For dinner, you’ll enjoy freshly caught snapper, lobster, prawns and octopus.
Is it worth hiring a car in Mauritius?
In your car rental Mauritius, you’ll probably see a number of the world’s most rare plants and animals. Famous for it’s diverse heritage and wonderful sights, this tropical paradise has become one of the most sought-after destinations in Africa for the independent traveler. There’s no better way to discover the 2,000 square km island, where there is almost year-round sunshine, than in your own hire care at your own pace. Is it worth hiring a car while here? Absolutely!
Mauritius Car Rental: Explore a Paradise Island
With its incredible natural diversity and exotic beaches, Mauritius has quickly become one of the best tourist destinations in the world. You can optimize your trip by hiring a Transferiste rental car to navigate the country’s numerous connecting highways and roads. Be sure to spend a day or two in the mountainous interior of the island and enjoy the Black River Gorges National Park, the rain forests and amazing waterfalls and hiking trails during the dry season that lasts all the way from May to December after the short cyclone season has passed during January-March. Take your time to enjoy the spectacular views that await you around every turn from the windows of your rented vehicle as you tour the island.
The Mauritian Climate
Mauritius has a warm tropical climate with lovely trade winds. There are two main seasons of winter and summer, but there is not a great deal of difference in the temperatures. The winter is warm and dry, followed by a hot and humid summer, and the central plateau is cooler than the coastal areas. The windiest side of the island is on the eastern coast, and the hottest areas are on the west coast. The coolest months are June, July and August, while December, January and February are the hottest months, making Mauritius the perfect winter getaway for visitors from the north. Before driving out for the day, check out the Mauritius Weather Report here.
Design your self-drive tour that suits and interests you, or talk with our staff for the best itinerary ideas. Transferiste Car Rental Mauritius is committed to providing you with outstanding service to make your self-drive itinerary safe and memorable.
Must-See Sights for Your Rent-a-Car Holiday
Here are some ideas of what our island nation has to offer for planning your self-drive tour:
1. Car Rental Mauritius Port Louis
Step back in time wandering in the old colonial town center of Port Louis and enjoying the performances of street entertainers. In Port Louis, you’ll find one of the UNESCO World heritage sties, Aapravasi Ghat, an important site in the history of Mauritius. Stop for lunch at Champ de Mars, the oldest horse racing track in the southern hemisphere. Shop for souvenirs and anything you need for your Mauritius holiday at the Caudan Waterfront Shopping Center, where you’ll also find the Blue Penny Museum. For another look at the rich history around Port Louis, take the Eureka Plantation House tour.
2. Touring Southern Mauritius by Rental Car
Start early and head for the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Le Morne Cultural Landscape, and then carry on to the Chamarel Hills, where you’ll find friendly Creole restaurants along on the roadside. Your next destination in the south is the Black River Gorges National Park for its spectacular nature. If you decide to have dinner, the best place to watch the sun set over the south toward the Indian Ocean is from Le Chamarel Restaurant — be sure to book a reservation ahead.
3. Car Rental Mauritius Grand Baie
On your drive north from Port Louis, plan to stop in Pamplemousses to visit the beautiful Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Gardens, one of the loveliest in the world. Back on the highway, continue north to Grand Baie, which is the main tourist area. This is a great place to stop and enjoy local cooking for lunch at one of the many excellent restaurants.
We hope you remembered to toss your swimsuits and beach gear into your Transferiste Rental Car because no matter where you drive, you’re sure to find a sunny beach for swimming, snorkeling or chilling out with a local beer and seafood. From Grand Baie, continue your self-drive tour to explore the thrilling northern coastline and beaches of Grand Gaube, where the British first arrived on the island.
Be sure to stop at the small town of Trou-aux-Biches where you’ll find an award-winning 2 km-long public white-sand beach, where tourism began in 1971 soon after independence. Trou-aux-Biches offers a more laid-back village scene that is less commercialized than Grand Baie.
4. Car Rental Mauritius Quatre Bornes and the Central Plateau
If you love to shop, head south to the area around Quatre Bornes, Phoenix and Curepipe for their craft shops, local art galleries and large shopping malls. The Mauritian Glass Gallery and the Glass Museum are wonderful places to find souvenirs and watch glass blowers creating their masterpieces. Stop for lunch in one of the malls, and then head out to tour the beautiful Hindu Temples in the areas.
5. Car Rental Mauritius Flic en Flac
A favorite destination on the western coast is Flic en Flac. Children love to tour the nearby Casela Wildlife Park. And for a spectacular dining experience, look for a Chinese-European restaurant by the name of Domain Anna, located right in the middle of the sugar cane fields. Their dinners are served in personal gazebos overlooking man-made lakes and tropical gardens with torches guiding the way. If you go on weekends you’ll enjoy dancing and live music, as a highlight of your Mauritian holiday!
10 Car Rental Mauritius Driving Tips for Tourists
When driving, be aware of the road rules and conditions. Transferiste Car Rental has compiled our top ten tips for safe driving our vehicles.
- Driver’s license – You may drive for up to 4 weeks using your domestic driver’s license. If you’re planning a longer stay, bring an international driver’s license with you.
- Petrol stations – Be aware that gas stations are not open at all hours, so be sure to start your day with a full tank or stop in a town mid-day if you’re planning to be out at night.
- Left-hand traffic – As part of the British Commonwealth, you’ll drive on the left side of the road. Be aware that at roundabouts you’ll need to circle to the left.
- Traffic speeds – On the M2 Motorway, the speed limit is 110 km/hr. (69 mph), and in towns and residential areas traffic moves at a leisurely 40 km/hr. (24 mph).
- Street signs – Street signs are in English and follow the ISO or European pattern.
- Asking directions – People here are always helpful, so feel free to ask directions and for their recommendations of places to visit, to shop and to eat.
- Roads – In general, roads are in very good condition; however, many are narrow, so be careful when passing vehicles or when one is passing you.
- Parking – Parking is free outside of the major cities, but in Port Louis, Rose Hill, Curepipe and Quatre Bornes, we recommend that you buy parking tickets, which are available at petrol stations.
- Do’s and Don’ts – DO wear your seat belt at all times when driving. DON’T use your mobile phone while driving – it is strictly forbidden.
- Mauritius rental car rules – Always carry your Transferiste Rental Car Contract in the glove box when you are driving. You will need it if you encounter a police check. To rent a vehicle, the driver(s) must be at least 21 years old with a driving record of at least one year.
Drive Away in Your Transferiste Rental Car in Mauritius!
We wish you an exciting and memorable visit to our wonderful island nation, and that you’ll have a safe driving experience in your Transferiste rental car! Book now on our website, by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. When you’re in Mauritius, call us at 5250-7540.